Yes, Another 2017 Book List
Yes, I know January is almost over and you’ve probably had your fill of 2017 book list recommendations. But what the heck! Here’s mine, too.
A friend of mine recently reminded me of the importance of keeping a “to-read” book list. Quite simply, keeping a list helps us to plan and remember what we want to read and why we want to read it.
I’ll be honest, my book list had become, up until that point, not much more than a bunch of “save for later” items in my Amazon shopping cart. Not a bad way of keeping book lists if you actually purchase and read the book you marked “save for later.” But I hate purchasing books (uh… we have libraries) and I wasn’t keeping up with my list.
So… I decided to make an actual pen-on-paper list in my journal. I thought I’d share my list with you and explain why each book is on my list.
Here it goes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means should you choose to make a purchase through one of these links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog in this way. Read my full disclosure here.
My To-Read Book List
- Lord, Teach Us to Pray by Andrew Murray because my prayer life could use some improvement.
- Fervent by Priscilla Shirer because, as I mentioned, my prayer life could use a some improvement.
- The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson was recommended to me by a woman whose very presence reminds me of the importance of serving my children well. I can’t wait to read it.
- Teaching From Rest by Sarah MacKenzie because even though I enjoy homeschooling (most days) and I believe I am called to do it, it can bring out the worst in me.
- Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray because the title says it all and it’s by Andrew Murray. I’ve already listened to the audiobook (while doing dishes or folding laundry, of course) but want to take the time to read it again along side my Bible
- The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp because I watched this video and now I must read the book.
3 More Must-Reads
Here are three more books that I read last year. They made huge impacts on my walk with the Lord. I can’t recommend them enough.
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer because the book helped me to understand I can have an exciting and fulfilling relationship with my Creator.
- Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray because I can’t recommend this book enough.
- Inside Out by Larry Crabb because, though I wanted to throw the book across the room several times, by the end of it I had a better understanding of what it truly means to deny oneself and follow Jesus.
What about you? Do you keep a book list? What is on it for 2017? Can you give me more titles to add to my to-read list?
Only by grace,